Bad news for Star Wars fans. Or good news… maybe.
Now, we all know that J.J. Abrams keeps things close to the chest involving Star Wars: Episode VII details. So close that we basically know nothing about the movie. But there are a few things that even Abrams and his army of secret-keepers can’t hide from the public. Say, the breaking of Harrison Ford‘s leg via Millennium Falcon door.
Last week, the internet was ablaze with all sorts of consequences for this sudden damage to one of the Star Wars franchise’s most important leg bones.
Some said the six-month healing time for a seventy-two year-old’s fracture would probably force Episode VII to delay its release date by about six months. And others said that Disney would not abide by any delaying, and that Oscar Isaac will be stepping into a larger role while Ford is recuperating. Granted, we have no idea who Isaac will be playing, or how his role might be expanded, but that’s what happens when J.J. Abrams enforces his “no blabbing about the movie rule” with an iron fist.
But now comes a newer, shinier rumor. According to the vast internet rumor mill, Abrams (plus Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy) went to Disney on bended knee, asking for an extra six months to make sure that Star Wars: Episode VII could still have as much Han Solo as previously planned.
Now, because these are just rumors, all we know for certain is that Star Wars: Episode VII will hit theaters on December 18, 2015- just like before. But this is a J.J. Abrams production, so rumors and speculation are pretty much all we have anyway. But what do you think? Would you rather have more Ford and wait another six months, or skip the Solo and get your Star Wars fix as soon as possible?
Follow Us On Twitter @MindBenderEnt
Like Us On Facebook MindBender Entertainment